- Name the examination.
- Name the labelled structures.
- Describe normal appearance expected in this view
- Lateral scapular projection (plain radiograph)
- The labelled structures
- Coracoid process
- Glenoid fossa
- Humeral head
- Lateral border of scapula
- Normal appearance (refer to image below):
- The acromion and coracoid form the limbs of a “Y” or “peace sign” with the body of the scapula.
- The head of the humerus should be normally in the centre (blue circular shape)
- The acromion and distal end of the clavicle form a “roof” over the shoulder joint and prevent superior displacement of the humeral head