- Name the examination.
- Name the labelled cisterns and its content.
- CT brain non-contrast, axial plane soft tissue window
- The labelled cisterns:
- Cisterna magna: Vertebral artery and its posterior inferior cerebellar arteries
- Suprasellar cistern: Optic nerve, anterior part of circle of willis.
- Interpeduncular cistern: Posterior part of the circle of willis
- Ambient cistern: Posterior cerebral artery and the basal veins
- Quadrigerminal cistern: Venous confluence of the straight and inferior sagittal sinus forming vein of Galen, joined by internal cerebral and the basal vein on each sides