- Name the labelled structures.
- What causes non-visualization or poor outline of “D”?
The labelled structures
- A: right 12th rib
- B: fecal material/air in the ascending colon
- C: right psoas outline
- D: right properitoneal fat pad
- E: right sacro-iliac joint
- F: Air in transverse colon
- G: Left renal shadow
- H: Left pedicle of third lumbar vertebra
- I: Left sacral foramina
- J: Left obturator internus
Properitoneal fat pad
- is absent in 18% of normal radiographs
- poor outline with adjacent oedema or presence of ascites